Friday 28 May 2010

Shop Window card



Before I say anything else, a confession! I got this idea from a great Blog that I follow - which belongs to another Di! She has some great ideas and is thankfully happy for others to use them so long as they acknowledge the fact. So here's the Blog (go see!) http://onthecards.blogspot.com/ - and a big thank you to Di for the idea.

These cards were great fun to make and my first try at 'paper piecing' - I used a clear stamp set by My Favourite Things from Dies to Die For http://www.diestodiefor.com/




The dresses, boots and backing layers are on paper from a Daisy and Dandelion paper pack - 'Candyfloss and Marshmallow Some bunny loves you'... from Hobbycraft. The plain backing card is by Core'dinations from QVC...loads of yummy colours and I always seem to find what I need from this set of four packs of card. The flowers and brads are from my stash and the bit of colouring I did was a mix of watercolour pencils and Whispers pens.

Next time I think I'll try using smaller card stock just with a toning card layer behind the image and miss out using the spotty paper as a background - am I mean or what? :)

Remember, I got this idea from another Di's Blog!!

Di
x

1 comment:

  1. We can't have a blog post with no comments! I love both these colourways and both cards! I hope you find the stamp set and use it again. Hugs xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.