Thursday 11 November 2010

New baby cards

The other day, in Mothercare, there was a young Mum with the most adorable newborn twins. It reminded me of a stamping set I bought from Elzybells before Elizabeth shut up shop.These clear stamps are so cute, you can make a few variations by mixing them. This is what I came up with:




The cards were made using a white scalloped edged card from Craftwork Cards, a background layer of Dovecraft Back to Basics patterned paper then a small paper doily, topped with a scalloped circle made using my Wooodware punch. The scalloped circle had already been stamped, paper pieced using toning paper to the background layer and some colouring (using Aquamarkers natch!). The pram and hood are seperate so you can assemble it how you want, as are the teddy and the little face peeking out........just a curl of hair for the boy and a sweet little bow for the girl. Elizabeth really did think of lots of small details! The wheels were paper pieced too using plain paper.  Then I got to use a couple of new SU punches - with the scalloped circle to match the pram body and the plain one using white card with the sentiment stamped in toning ink. Semi-sparkly gems were then added to the centre of the wheels and the point where the hood is attached to the pram just to highlight a little bit more. 

They were such fun to make and the best bit came next - the ribbon bow! I love bows and ribbons and whilst rootling through my punches I came across a 'long reach' ribbon slot punch that I've had for years! The idea is to punch a row of slots to thread ribbbon through but try as I might, despite careful measuring and all the rest, I could never get it right so this poor punch was abandoned.


Now it's high up on my list of useful things! It was so easy to thread organza ribbon through and make a decent bow just where I wanted and even if the ribbon shows on the other side of the card it looks so professional ........I love it!

And in case you thought I'd forgotten the twins who sparked off this little session of cardmaking:



So that you could see the twinnies I had to cut the hood in half so that it looks as if it's down. The stamps even include triplets sentiments............maybe teddy would have to be ejected from the pram or moved somewhere else if a third little face was added :)

Di
x




2 comments:

  1. Karenwww.paperscissorsandglitter.blogspot.com11 November 2010 at 23:16

    Just seen these cards in real life and they're so cute!! Had a fantastic day today Di, and your pressies were so lovely, you are naughty, but so nice too! Made some cards tonight, mojo is back again after feeling fed up lately, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a delight to see you perking up! Syd's rellies are behaving so far - and huge thankyou to you too for the pressies. Confession, the choccies were opened last night - my very fave ones too!!

    Di
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.