Thursday 20 January 2011

Quick cards - courtesy of a QVC kit

This kit from QVC is gorgeous - and quite quick and easy to make with no scrabbling for matching (or otherwise!) papers. The results look very co-ordinated and I just love every single image. It's called the 'Special Moments' kit I think and the other day I made a few cards. This first one is for my OH's teenage great-niece's birthday - she's mad about horses and is also a very good horsewoman!


Almost everything comes with the kit, including the sentiments and main card stock in beautiful patterns. The only thing I added here was a little piece of ribbon from my stash, some silver card candy and a couple of  little charms from my stash tied with pink and white Bakers Twine from The Ribbon Girl. The Ribbon Girl's stuff is just great and their service is brilliant - I can't link to their website right now for some reason but they sure are worth a visit. Loads of ribbons (natch!), lace, twines, seam binding - which is all the rage right now - and lots of other goodies.

I then (not realising there was enough backing card for every image to be made as an A5 card - Dumbo!) made this smaller card:
It's quite cute really but I could have kicked myself when I realised I couldn't count! The shaped Craftwork Cards card stock is just perfectly shaped for the already die cut layers.

And, as Get Well cards are always so handy to have to hand I then made these two for my box of standby cards.



Both of the Get Well cards (A5) were made using just what came in the kit and a little bit of ribbon from my stash. One thing I couldn't really do without :)

Di
x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Di. Thank you so much for dropping by my blog and asking to join in the fun. I don't think it matters what the gift is just that it is given freely to spread a little happiness. I'm really pleased to have you joining in the fun. Please send me your address to wipso@toucansurf.com and I will send you a little something [as soon as I get whatever it is made :-)].
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.