Monday 7 March 2011

Thank you card

On Friday I had a brilliant day out with a good friend called Joy, who I used to work with - and totally true to her name it was a day with a lot of laughs. We set off early and spent most of the day in Ikea down in Southampton. Got there in time for their 99p breakfast (yippee!!) and talked and shopped a LOT....thank goodness we went in Joy's 'people carrier' as it was stuffed full with goodies by the time we left Ikea! As soon as I spottted this LOTV Cute Square which Mr Postie brought the other day I just knew a card had to be made to say thank you for a great day out.......but we did dress casually and neither of us wore a hat :))


The background paper is from a Daisy and Dandelion paper pad called Picnic Patch, the LOTV Cute Square is from the 'Tea and Chat' set, the lacy strip was cut using a Martha Stewart punch, brown organza bow from my stash of ribbons, little heart and bakers twine also from my stash. The sentiment is an Elzybells one and the yummy organza flower came from The Crafty Cow and is made by Prima (Roosevelt Collection). I've said it before - I do so wish Elzybells hadn't closed down as their stamps were such good value and really well designed. Thankfully I stocked up before they closed but just know I missed out on quite a lot :(

Di
x

2 comments:

  1. Love the LOTV image, so cute and suits the thank you card so well. I came too late to Elzybells which is a real shame. Hope your friend likes it as much as we do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen! I can easily stamp you some Elzybells images (the craft room one on the card I sent with your PIF stuff was from Elzybells). But, their real stars for me were their sentiments (some really different ones and so cheap) - and of course those you just select those as you're making a card. Ain't hindsight wonderful - I should have bought double :( Di x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.