Tuesday 20 August 2013

Of course you can't see where you are!

The current challenge over at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge is 'No sentiment'. I think this card doesn't need a sentiment but I do think the title of this post sums up what one robin is saying to the other one :)
Another time I'd use Aqua markers or watercolours for gentler definition on the robins chests - one looks like he's got a pair of you-know-whats when it's meant to be rosy cheeks - but at least it's four more the same for the box of 'that word' cards.

Edit: It's just gone midnight on Tuesday here, and this post has just published. Am sitting here crying with laughter at Karen P's quick fire comment now :) Snigger, snort, snort!!

I used:

- A6 white card stock - just a smidgen wider in fact due to the embossing folder size

- embossing folder is by Crafts-Too called 'Snowflake Banner'

- the robins are from Penny Black's 'Winter Wonderland set, coloured with Pro Markers and iridescent glamour dust added to the hats plus a tickle of it on the 'ground'

This is a bit of a steal from the lovely Brenda B - I'm sure she made a card fairly similar a while ago and I loved it! I can't find it on Brenda's blog to share with you else I would, but I know her colouring was much better than mine - she uses Prisma pencils brilliantly.

And of course it's another card to add into Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for August, which is always 'Anything goes'.

Oh dear, how to hop into bed and lie there shaking with laughter whilst not waking anyone up. Bad girl Karen!

Di
x

18 comments:

  1. Are you sure it's a robin and not a member of the tit family Di? :-)

    Apart from you thinking you have him a b cup I had to go back and look again to see what you meant. Lovely Christmas card, love the embossed background and the robins are just perfick! Have a good day Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! I love how you titled the post :)

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it will be more than the Robin that will be bobbing when that one flies Di :-) Fab card....and of course Robins are my fav little birds.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol at Karen! There's not wrong with being well rounded in the chesticle region ;-)
    Hugs, LLJ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute - of course I had to read everyone's comments after that - I wouldn't even have thunk it if you didn't point it out LOL!! Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your CAS card Di. Great image and embossed background. Karen's comments is brilliant.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL at Karen's comment . . . but I think it's a great card. LOVE all that embossing too. V Clever xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these little birds, your title is perfect! LOL at Karen too :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Naughty Girl Karen! Very funny though.
    Love this card Miss and who cares if Robins have mixed marriages with other families of birds?
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL Karen! fab card Di I totally love it its so cute huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very good Karen :) Gorgeous card Di even with those additions x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww fab card and l just love that image and the comment about not being able to see....lol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card and really great image. love the embossing and the sparkle.
    Looks like I made a 'boob' with the facebook item, so relieved to hear the explanation.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a hoot you girls are! We could have our own hit comedy on the tellie!! Love that EF, Di, and the robins are a whimsy delight! They are just the perfect size sitting in their little frame with their sparkly Santa hats! There are only about a hunnert captions one could come up with for the image! xxoo Darnell

    (PS we have titbirds here in northern California, too, imagine that! But they aren't quite so well developed here. I'm totally stealing LLJ's "chesticle" word. I have a monitor that needs cleaning after that one!!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, I didn't notice anything until I was reading. Loved Karen P's quick uptake on this! I love that image...great title for your post as well. You clever Pixie, you. This is a most adorable card, spots & all! Hugs & TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great chesticles and great card! Love those saucy little Christmas hats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic card - made me smile (and Karen's comment) - thanks for entering both CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that stamp! I must have it! Give it up! I promise not to draw titties on the birdies like you did, you wild woman you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.