Saturday 31 August 2013

Saturday Supper - Prawn and Courgette Linguine

This recipe (another one from a supermarket magazine) is super fast to make, and delicious:

Prawn and Courgette Linguine
375g linguine
3 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 courgette
6 tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato purée
pinch of chilli flakes
2 x 145g packs cooked, peeled king prawns
Fresh basil leaves

Cook 375g linguine in boiling water for 12 mins, until tender.

Meanwhile, heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a pan. Add 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped, and 1 courgette, finely chopped, and cook for 2 mins.

Add 6 tomatoes, chopped and diced, 1 tbsp tomato purée, a pinch of chilli flakes and some of the pasta cooking water, then cook on a gentle heat for 5 mins.

Add 2 x 145g packs cooked, peeled king prawns and stir to heat through.

Drain the pasta and toss in the sauce.

Garnish with fresh basil leaves.

Things I do: absolutely nothing different, it's most unlike me not to tinker a bit. You could use frozen and then defrosted prawns of course, and if you don't like chilli then leave it out. The little pinch just gives a tiny kick but I'm sure the dish wouldn't suffer without it. I made the full amount by the way and it all went, between two of us. OINK!

Enjoy!

Di
x

8 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! Off to google courgette...

    ReplyDelete
  2. njami, njami....thanks for recepie
    have a lovly day
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Di

    I am going to be writing this one down for sure .. .. especially as we have a glut of courgettes and tomatoes at the moment!!

    I bet this will be cooked here before the week is out!

    Thanks for that Di.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, this is one I can definitely eat - no sugar! They say you eat with your eyes and this dish proves it for me ... the colours, the textures and the basil leaves make it look so tasty. Not a bit surprised you two ate the lot :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh good grief Di - I saw this pic on my Bloglovin email and knew it was yours even before I read it!!! This looks soooo delish! I have written it down so that I can have a go at it myself!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing I need this I am a disaster in the kitchen
    1st time visiting you
    bye for now bibiana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.