Friday 16 August 2013

Two for the price of one

Before running out to play with another (non blogging) friend yesterday lunchtime, I rustled up a couple of Christmas cards, Snigger, she did remark on my red inked paws though:

Both used the same ingredients - and that brings the total number of 'that word' cards made to 61 :)

I used:

- A6 white card stock

- red pearlescent backing card

- patterned papers from Wild Rose Studio's 'Annabelle's Christmas' paper pack

- ready coloured toppers are LOTV, had them for ages, die cut with dies that fitted the images best

- sentiments are also LOTV, also had them for ages and now wonder why it took me so long to use them. They're from the 'Christmas Grungy Messages' set. Such a wide selection of messages and they're very appropriate for all sorts of images too - stamped using SU 'Real Red'. Mind you, the 'neat freak' in me flinched a bit at the deliberately 'uncrisp' look of the sentiments

Julia sighed on Wednesday when we touched on the subject of me 'getting messy' and having a go at Art Journaling - she just shook her head wisely and said 'Nah, can't see it'. I suspect she could well be right, given my normal and a bit fastidious style, but now it's become a challenge - besides which I stupidly, in a moment of madness, having lost the plot entirely bought a load of acrylic paints at Flutterbys last week in anticipation :(

And I pinched a photo from the lovely Lunch Lady Jan's blog, being as I didn't take any piccies on Wednesday, showing from left to right yours truly, Jan, Annie and Julia at lunch:
We had a great time and, as always, it just flew by. Even Jo joined in the party by sending a piccie to Annie's mobile of her waving :) If you wanna see more, hop over to Jan's blog on the above link.

My cards for today are for Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge where this is the photo inspiration - I covered the red, green and white - plus Christmas trees, holly (if you look closely enough at the cards) and stockings:
And also for Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for August, where it's always 'Anything Goes'.

Di
x

20 comments:

  1. Fantastic cards and great company on picture
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great cards Di. I'd have though you'd made more than 61 by now. You have shown some lovely ones. I'm still not in gear on that project! Lovely photo of the 'gang'. I'm glad you had a fun day together. Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards Di, I can't believe you've already made 61 cards.
    Hope you have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. 61 holy moly - do you send them all ?? I make them but don't actually send them in the post any more - usually just give to those I see in December... Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. dont i sit up straight like a good gal!!!
    It was a lovely day Di, wouldnt be the same without you for sure.
    am a bit jealous about the christmas cards and therefore cant speak.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two crackers here (geddit?) LOL! Love them both in their pretty trad colourschemes.

    Another fab photo of your day out too.

    Now . . . about the Art Journaling malarkey . . . if I can do it . . . then YOU certainly can my friend. Just splodge and splat with those acrylic paints and spray some Dylusions ink around. You'll be amazed how much fun it is . . . I now I was! Can't stop doing it now!!!!

    Hugs
    Sarn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a lovely snap of you happy girlies isn't it! x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab photo of the four of you (slightly jealous because I would love to meet up irl as well as in the playground). Love your cards and love the idea of you getting messy and inky (have you bought a gelli plate yet? - now you've got the acrylic paints you need one - I would recommend - thanks for sharing these lovely cards for both CHNC challenge - see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two great cards, Di, and a perfect fit for Hazel's challenge. I love the stockings on the wonky square and those sentiments are fab. Got to say, I can't see you getting all messy painty and inky either, not your style, but now you have the paints the next step is a gelli plate and a brayer ... I can highly recommend this messy technique ... it's a lot of fun.

    Great pic, and I'm still jealous, wish I'd been there :)) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh lovely cards, glad you finally pulled out that LOTV stamp set to use, it's utterly gorgeous. Love the pic of you all and I'm off to check out Jan's blog!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lurvely cards Di and lurvely pic of you and your maties. Messy crafty things are great by the way!!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Didn't we have a lovely time the day we went to Marlborough..... there must be a song there somewhere :-)
    It certainly all went far too quickly but I feel truly blessed to have had our time together Di. You are all such special friends. Many thanks for making the effort....I know just how busy you girls are. We are safely back home now after a fab week away.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two fab cards and these are my fav LOTV Christmas images and you have done them justice.

    Day out looks to have been great fun and it looks like your cup runneth over not only with happiness but with sorbet.

    Rather concerned about this 'smacking' business you have suggested to Sarn, hope that it is not a case of "Gilbert Golly, fetch me that slipper"?

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You all look so relaxed and happy...the secret must be to ban husbands from attending...I am still cross with mine!

    It is always so much fun to see the people we inline chat with...really enjoyed this photo...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two great cards there Di. Love those toppers. Had to giggle at your red paws comment. I often get funny looks off clients when I go to shake their hands and I have been playing with alcohol inks the night before!!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you all had a real hoot of a day! Good luck with the getting messy... can't wait to see you at next WOYWW crop!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Acrylic paints? Whatever next. Super cards . I need to get cracking on some more cards as I way behind your count now. Hugs Mr a.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards, Di! Just perfect for Hnut's challenge photo!! I'm getting such a kick out of seeing you guys on your fun outing! I can't wait til you finalize all your plans for your visit here!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely cards. I suppose that means The Holiday That Shall Not Be Named is coming again this year after all. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, you're really accomplishing a lot having 61 C cards stashed away. I'm really liking these 2 a lot. Lovely that you were able to make 2 at one sitting. (Doesn't happen 'round here, I can tell you!). Both were beautiful. Thanks for sharing the picture here too. Could see that you were having a happy time. So good to be able to put faces to names. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.