Friday 23 September 2016

Merry Monday #214 - 'Keep Warm'


It's a lovely theme over at Merry Monday again this week - 'Keep Warm'. I knew almost right away which stamp I wanted to use for my card - it was then just a matter of planning the card itself - and this was the end result:
I used:

- 4.25" x 5.5" white card blank - tent style

- a snippet of holly patterned card from LOTV's 'Classic Christmas' paper pad to cover the card front leaving a narrow white border all round

- then stamped the image using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' and Penny Black's really cute 'Snowy' stamp

- coloured the image using Pro markers and also clear Wink of Stella on the furry hat trim

- at that point I'd intended to just die cut the whole image using a stitched rectangle die but then my mind wandered off in another direction and I first of all die cut a white 'Polaroid frame' using the Lil' Inkers 'Instant Camera' die

- next I took the scissors to the full sized snowman I'd stamped and coloured and chopped him down so that he looks out of the photo frame - carefully cut his scarf so that it hangs outside the frame too. Then glued the image into the frame

- stamped '# SELFIE TIME' using the Misti, Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a newish set of stamps that I spotted over on one of your blogs. It's called 'Good to be Bad' by Clearly Besotted - that # stamp is so tiny, bet I lose it before too long!

- I wanted a sentiment to allude to the 'warmth' aspect of Snowy's hat and scarf and used Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink again, plus a stamp from a really old Whimsy Stamps set called 'Winter Notables 1 Sentiments', to stamp a sentiment which I then punched using SU's 'Modern Label' punch

- glued the image panel and sentiment in place using Collall All Purpose glue

- final touch, added a couple of dark green Josy Rose hot fix nail heads to the sentiment piece

Another one for the box! And I'm down to just one small scrap of that green LOTV holly patterned paper now, sigh :(






30 comments:

  1. What a cutie! I love how you set him in the Polaroid frame, the selfie # is so funny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of a snowman selfie. He looks so happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sweet and happy snowman Di and such fun as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Di as always your creations are stunning and well thought out such a cosy looking snowman l feel the change in the air l could do with wrapping up in that hat and scarf muyself lol take care and enjoy your day xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that snowman and what a FAB idea for a modern Christmas card with the selfie idea.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card Di, the background paper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore that snowman Di, he is so cute! The LOTV paper is a pretty backdrop too and the fun sentiment finishes it beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a lovely snowman..super card and a BRILLIANT sentiment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's one of my all time favourite snowmen. A lovely card Di. Love the 'selfie' sentiment. I've never taken a selfie and don't expect to ever do so ..... Have a lovely weekend. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is really a superfun and cool card! Love the idea of the snowman's selfie and your fussi cut to put him in the frame! The detail of scarf that hangs outside the frame is so clever and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Di,
    oh you don't care about chopping your poor snowman in half for design sake.
    I bet all your image stamps are shaking in their boots. LOL.
    Seriously what a very fab idea, and wonderful thinking to do the selfie.
    A very lovely design, and your paper used is fab too.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the snowman selfie idea! Absolutely adorable snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  13. so cute and I love the sentiment, really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous card Di, so cute. Normally when I know just what stamp I want to use, it's a case of can I find it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable card, I love the sentiments. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This snowman never fails to please doe it, cheery looking chap. Great card Di.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute! LOVE the fun snowman ... and perfect design with the Polaroid frame and selfie hash-tag! Awesome! That holly background paper is so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful patterned paper! Don't you wish that some of the paper would last forever and some would move out? Your snowman looks so warm and toasty and I LOVE the sentiment! He certainly deserves a selfie! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG...I love this snowman image and then to put him in a frame image for a selfie...too cute!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday's!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great snowman image, and I love the Polaroid frame!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Believe it or not, just bought this snowman stamp. Best one I've ever seen. Putting him in a polaroid frame is so clever...really shows him off to best advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Perfect Christmas card Di! I've only just acquired Snowy and not used him yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.