Sunday 8 October 2017

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 299 and 300 - results

It's been a funny old week, more stuff went to the charity shop on Monday - hooray! I caught up with September's Christmas card target - double hooray. Discovered that buying A6 cello bags from Amazon (including postage) is half the price of buying from Hobbycraft - triple hooray but a bit of a black mark for Hobbycraft. Recovered nicely from having a wisdom tooth removed - quadruple hooray!!

Let's get straight on with our Guest Designer for this fortnight:
I adore this card, such a great way to use up snippets with such impact. And, it was lovely to see that Greta used a Playground prize as well! The colours and patterns work so well together.

This is what Greta said about her card:
Most of my snippets are white card stock, as I seldom cut into my huge collection of patterned paper.  However, I have made some cards with the beautiful papers in DCWV Harvest House & want to use every bit of them.  My Playground prize of Spellbinders A2 Curved Borders One dies was exactly what I needed.  No stamping on this card as the paper stack includes a page of sentiments.  Heidi Swapp glitter tape was used for a mat & a simple twine bow finishes off my card.  Thanks for having me, Di & I look forward to seeing everyone's cards in the gallery.

And here's a lovely photo of Greta and a few words about her:
Hello playmates!  I'm happy to be Guest Designing in The Playground all the way from the beautiful Pacific Northwest.  I'm a newly retired Registered Nurse who loves to make cards.  Fortunately, my hubby of 38 years doesn't mind that my crafting took over the dining room table years ago.  I'm a doggy momma to Fritz, our 4 year old Standard Schnauzer who helps me get exercise with frequent walks.  I love elegant, uncluttered designs, but also like to try a variety of techniques & styles.  I began my blog, http://www.ggnursecreations.blogspot.com/, 6 years ago & am blessed with friendships all over the world.

Huge thanks to Greta for being our GD this fortnight and also for being such a loyal Playmate over a good few years now.

Drum roll - it's time for the fortnightly picks and, as always, I nearly wept at making any decision as ALL your entries are so brilliant:
Carol L made this amazing card - such a perfect way to use up snippets as banners. One to keep as inspiration for sure! Which is so appropriate as Carols's blog is called 'Our Little Inspirations' - I'd never made that link before now, perfect!

There are lots of new and really interesting folds appearing in Blogland right now - and I just love this card in such pretty colours, made by Maxine showing a 'Quatro Fold' card. There's more detail about the card plus a link to a really clear tutorial over at Maxine's blog! Another one on my 'must try' list and a great way to use up snippets!

And, my final pick is this really lovely card, made by Sandy J! I've spotted a few 'vintage shaped' caravan stamps and dies being used in Blogland and they always look great for New Home cards or in fact any event! Wonderful use of little snippets and great paper piecing too. Oh, and some little banners as well - banners are really 'in' right now - as shown on Carol's Christmas card.

Prize draw time now and our winner of the set of stamps with matching dies by Lawn Fawn called 'Hang in there' - as well as a set of The Works 'Stitched Circles' dies is:
Well done Janis! The fact that the envelope on my lovely Birthday card from you had our Postie rolling round laughing when he delivered it has absolutely nothing to do with this! I did a double take when your number popped out to be honest - the sun shines on the righteous - or even the naughty! :) Can you please drop me an email with your address - then I'll post your prize off to you as soon as possible. My email address is on the right hand side bar.

Keep those snippets entries coming girls, you still have a week left to play HERE remember! The prize is a MFT's 'Bold Stripes' Cover-up die plus MFT's 'Essential Sentiments' set of stamps. I will split the prize if you only want to play for part of it.

Love from the little white peril Parsnip, who has been surprisingly well behaved this past week. I suspect he's aware that Guy Fawkes night is approaching and he never really got over the suggestion a few years back in the Playground that he should be tied to a rocket and launched into space. I did notice that an old goldfish bowl shaped glass vase destined for the charity shop went missing - so perhaps he's building his own little spacesuit just in case!

23 comments:

  1. Brilliant card from Greta. Just looked at the cards I have photographed and yep they have snippets on Yippee so I can come and play. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me, Di! Beautiful picks, as always! Congrats to Janis on the win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greta's snippets card is fabulous. Congrats to her on her GD spot.

    Congrats also to this week's picks & to Janis on her win.

    Have a great week everyone xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks as always and congratulations to Janis who was lucky in the draw. The Guest Designer card is certainly an interesting way of using up some of the snippets - great colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Greta on your guest appearance and your card is gorgeous! great picks again Di and many congrats to Janis well done enjoy your win and so pleased the wisdom is pain free and removed enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greta, your layered card is wonderful with all of those great colors and patterns! Congrats to Janice on her win, and thanks too for including my card among your picks this week! I'm always honored and flattered to be included :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Di,
    congrats to Greta on her GD spot and her snippets make is such a very wonderful card and that beautiful die cut snippets shaped border is glorious created, and such a clever idea.
    Congrats to Janis on her win, and also to the super featured cards they are all brilliantly created.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for including me in your picks Di. I'm in great company.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did I win the sloth??? Oh, my goodness! I am so tickled. Anyone who receives a BD card (always late) from me knows how appropriate a sloth stamp is for me. Ha. Now I might be able to use something besides the snail on the envelope!! :) My lucky number hasn't come up for some time, but this couldn't be a better prize for me! THANK YOU so much!!

    Congratulations to Greta on her Guest spot and thank you for sharing that lovely and creative card!! The curvy scalloped borders in the patterned paper scraps are fabulous.

    Big congrats to the Top Picks this fortnight, too! Fabulous use of those snippets!! Carol's banners are a great idea for those long leftover pieces of Christmas prints. Love the amazing Quatro fold card by Maxine...might be beyond my skill set, though! And I am charmed by the super-sweet card by Sandy!! Great choices, Di!!

    So glad you had a super-quadruple Hooray-Day, Di. I have some dental work coming up that I am dreading....so hope I can have a hooray day then, too! (prob not...lol!) Thank you for drawing my name as your lucky winner and for this awesome prize!! I am emailing you right now!! Hugs!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely picks and great GD card too. Glad you hear you've had a good week.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card from Greta and I love the way she has layered the curved borders to us up some snippets, also congratulations to the three highlighted cards with lots of pretty snippets, and congratulations also to Janis for winning last time's prize. Glad your decluttering has gone well Di and that everything has settled down nicely after your wisdom tooth extraction. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad life has settled down a little bit for you dear Di. Lovely GD card from Greta..great layers. Well done to Janis too. Enjoy the new week ahead. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Four Hoorays in one week, can't get much better than that, Di.

    Congratulations to Greta on her GD spot, what a super snippets card! Great picks, there were lots of beautiful entries this week and well done to Janis on her win. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats Janis!
    wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you've been really blessed. Yay for you! Lovely card.

    Now we all want to see what the post saw. Congrats to the winner and the good picks. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great assortment of beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab GD card and great picks. Congrats to all xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great picks and I'm glad you are recovering well from your extraction x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely to see Greta as the Playground GD!! I love her card and applaud her for cracking into her pp!! I also really loved the spotlight cards you picked, too, Di. Only one thing - we need to see a photo of Janis's envelope that had the postman in stitches!!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Di, some super snippets cards this week from Greta and the lovely ladies from the playground. looking forward to seeing this very special envelope that had your Postman Pat in stitches... Have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for the recognition of my card with the quatro fold. I am so honoured.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Again you are showing brillant cards with great ideas for the snippets!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. So glad you have recovered from your wisdom tooth removal! I think I missed that somehow! Love Greta's card and the fabulous picks. Congratulations to Janis! Her envelope sound intriguing! Thank you for your kind comments and concern, Parsnip's squishy hug too! Hugs xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.