Wednesday 28 February 2018

LOTV to the rescue!

My Christmas card target for 2018 had already begun to slip so a while ago I rustled up four cards, all the same, using pre-printed LOTV images to catch up:
I used:

- very old white linen A6 card stock, trimmed down to 4" x 5.5" (partly to be able to balance the trimmed images but mostly as one corner had become very slightly dog-eared)

- a slightly smaller layer of dark green card as the outer 'frame'

- Magnolia 'Sweet Christmas Dreams' patterned paper from the Lingonberry Collection, trimmed to slightly smaller than the dark green layer and then both were glued to the card front

- the LOTV 'toppers' came from one of their Art Pads called 'Penguin Pals', trimmed down to suit then mounted on a slightly bigger piece of white linen card stock

- final thing was to glue the whole image panel onto the card front

These were so easy to make, just a question of rummaging a bit through some boxes and boxes of older craft goodies and then a lot of trimming and gluing. It's a good way to produce cards when you don't feel in the mood to spend ages colouring or die cutting.

My guess is that the images are no longer available from LOTV - unless they're in digital format. The Magnolia backing paper is almost certainly now defunct (it dates back to when I used to order goodies and 12" square sheets of patterned paper from Craft Creations in the early days of my card making). And the white linen card blanks also date back to that era.

The foray into older goodies did prick my conscience and make me realise that very soon I need to have a real purge in here! It's likely to be a huge task so it'll be the 'eating an elephant' approach I suspect - 'just a bit at a time'. 😅







16 comments:

  1. Hi Di, a gorgeous card to add to your stash for Christmas. My total still stands at one. Good luck with the clear out... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Di - these cute LOTV images make super fast cards. I've also had a good sort out of older stuff as part of my frugal crafting year - I've found some real treasures!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My worry Kath is that, as I go, I'll get sidetracked into playing with the old goodies that turn up! :)

      xx

      Delete
  3. A fabulous quick make. I do have this as a digi, but you know how it is, not used it yet! ☺️ X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card, Di! Thank you once again for gorgeous pandas that have arrived safely. Hugs, April xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last year I cleared out my stash and as I went I put everything Christmas in 2 big plastic storage boxes, when I had time I spread the Christmas stuff out on a bed (the only flat surface big enough) and it was amazing what bits and pieces I could match up for cards. I still have 1 of the bins full of stash for this year. I am beginning to think twice before I buy papers but I have discovered cutting dies from china so I will have to watch myself and not go mad buying too much.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea Anne! So glad I'm not the only one to spread stuff out on a bed to get the bigger picture :)

      xx

      Delete
  6. Good old LOTV to the rescue. You've made a lovely card with their design (well, 4 of them to be precise!). Good on ya for using up some old stash too! Top marks.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Di and those LOTV toppers are super for batch makes - as I'll probably be doing when November comes around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a so pretty recycling, love so much the cute and fun image and the dp you used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of your old products Di.....I am struggling through my stash bit by bit and getting rid (well its on the bed in the spare room)...how hard it is to chuck out! but I am never going to use some of it...just seems like money down the drain though doesn't it. Perhaps we should all unite and find a recycling group to donate to that can re-use for a good cause...know of any?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I don't Carole. It's a great idea though. I'll do some investigating!

      Di xx

      Delete
  10. Hi Di,
    what a wonderful card and that image is so sweet.
    Just what you expect from LOTV.
    Love the paper too.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely LOTV image Di and a pretty paper in the background too. You came up trumps with your rummage through some older crafty stash. I know what you mean about having to sort out and be selective with what you keep and what goes. I have a very small crafting space and will have to decide what goes out shortly as the space is getting very cluttered. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.